Saturday, August 7, 2010

What Happened to ME???


Before this...

And this...


And this...


And this...

I had that...


And that...


And that...


I am finding now that I have NO idea who I am anymore. I am a MOM and a wife, shouldn't there be a little more to it?
I have recently noticed that the kids are getting much easier to take care of. I often find myself wondering what I WANT to do. It is a very odd feeling since I have pretty much been on survival mode for the past two and a half years. I am starting to have more time to THINK. That is not always a good thing! I am realizing that I miss some aspects of my life...pre-quadruplets. I know I know this is perfectly NORMAL, or so I have been told.
I miss working, running out the door with little to no preparation needed, being ready for church in under 30 minutes, working out 2 to 4 hours a day, spending quality time with my Hubby, and having days when I do not have to do ANYTHING.
I would not trade my life now for the world. I have the family I always dreamed of but I am thinking it might be time to focus, a least a little of my energy, on myself. I am hoping this will make me not only a better wife and mother but also a better person in general. Wish me luck. Operation Focus More on Mommy has just begun!!! ;O)

3 comments:

  1. good for you keeping my fingers crossed and sending good luck wishes your way!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! What are you thinking? Art classes? Reading group? Marathon training? A masters in something? Cooking classes? If you have lived through raising up those perfect little babies you can do anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome for you!!!! Let's meet in the middle distanace wise and do something together sans kids one afternoon!

    ReplyDelete