Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mommy's TIRED...

A few weeks ago I hired a Personal Trainer. I need to get this extra weight off and get back into shape. I have been feeling very tired since the kids were born and I just assumed it was because my life has changed a lot. Taking care of 4 kiddos and a house and all that goes with it is a lot of work. I just figured I was getting older and the tiredness was just a part of life.

After working with the Trainer of couple of times I had some severe muscle soreness. I have been doing cardio a few times a week for a long time but I had just started adding in strength training and stretching. I was having some lower abdominal pain around my C-section scar that was not getting better so I went to the Doctor. After some blood testing the Dr. discover that my hemoglobin is down to 7. This is considered very low. Like low enough that I am going into the Hospital for IV iron infusions once a week for the next 3 weeks. I also have a vitamin D deficiency.

I am soooo relieved that the way I have been feeling for months is not the way I am going to feel for the rest of my life...THIS IS NOT NORMAL! The Dr. said I should feel a huge difference in the next 2-3 weeks. Just in time for Christmas. I cannot tell you how Thankful I am to have found this out just in time to avoid a blood transfusion or Hospitalization. I did have to stop working with my Trainer just for 3 weeks until I am a little more stable. The Doctor and Nurses were suprised that I was doing a vigorous work-out on top of my daily routine with my levels so low.

I now have HOPE that I will feel good again. I am Praising God that in just a few weeks I will have renewed strength to face this next year. We are so excited to be celebrating our 4th Christmas as a big happy family!


1 comment:

  1. Yeah for finding the secret to more energy! If you are doing this well on empty think how much fun you are going to have on full.

    ReplyDelete