Thursday, May 5, 2011

To Party or Not to Party...

Ok so the kiddos are turning 3 years old in two weeks. I can hardly believe it. We were planning a Birthday Party in the town where our families are at our old church. Since the fiasco we had over Easter weekend we decided to cancel the party. It is a 3 hour drive and I didn't know how I would be able to get there take care of the kids and get ready for their party.

Now I am feeling SO guilty. My kids LOVE to be around family. Since we moved over 700 miles away from them when the kids were just a little over a year old they haven't had the opportunity to see them very much. Everytime they are around family they have such a good time. I had told the kids several weeks ago that we were going to have a party with Grandma Grandpa Kerigan Caymen Christi Lissa Manda...well you get the picture. I really didn't think they would remember BUT yesterday morning when they got up Edi asked me when we were having their Buzz and Woody party with Grandma and Kerigan and Caymen. Broke my heart.

I really do want to do what is best for the kids and I want them to be happy. I know they will not really care if we don't have the party because they don't really understand what it is. I do want them to have a special Birthday.

Aaaarrrrggghhh!!!!!

It really would not be a decision at all if it wasn't for the fact that last year we didn't really do much for their Birthday. We were moving into a different house and we ate supper with a couple of friends. I definately do not want my kids to miss out on any experience just because it might be a little difficult for us. I never want them to feel like they are being punished because they were all born at the same time.

So with all this said I will probably be making some calls and sending out a few email invites. Oh and also confirming our rental on the big bounce house. I mean you only turn 3 ONE TIME.

Right????
I will keep you posted on what we decide.

2 comments: